Thursday, June 9, 2011

If wishes were horses

When I was little, my mom would tell me "don't wish your life away."
I would wish for summer, or Christmas, or time to go to my friend's slumber party, or for a concert date to get here quick.
Today, I wish for so much. So much that I actually started throwing that in when I go to Confession: that I just want and want and want. I think there has to be something wrong with that!
Right now, I want to go to Meg's first craft weekend. (Meg at the Forever blog, bestest blog ever.)
 No way I can afford that right now, plus the plane ticket, but I really want to.
I want more clothes (I have reason - I'm very low on clothes for a full time working person, here, because of the weight loss) and I want more ball games to go to, more time with friends, more time with my husband where we're not so tired and strung out all we can do is stare at each other for a second then one of us falls asleep (him) and one of us gets on the computer. I want big things too - I want to go back and appreciate more of my past, I want my dad back down here and not in heaven, I want my daughter's cat not to get old. because it will break her heart to lose that cat.
Get the idea?
When I said it in confession, Father reminded me that to covet what others have is to not appreciate the circumstance God gave me - just me - and to make my life of that.
It's profound advice. Now if I could just take it to heart!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds alot like what I used to do, too, Andi! Wish it all away. Sometimes, I still do it (like for this past weekend, that I just couldn't wait for) but then I catch myself. I tell myself, "Life is short enough and here I go, wishing it away.". I think about how many ballgames that have past and that there aren't many left and it makes me a littles sad. There are 61 gone, ALREADY! I have to savor every, single one of them! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I loved your first day of your very own blog! And thanks for the good advice!

    ReplyDelete