Sunday, June 26, 2011

A lot of stuff

I was a reporter today.
It's been years. Years since I sold out to be an editor for more stable hours, more money. It is selling out, shutup, it is. I admit it. But you do what you have to do to provide for your family in the way YOU want to provide.
Anyway, I did two assignments that were fun and somewhat simple. Just like old times. Then there was a scanner call for an overturned bus.
Camera, orange safety vest, ran out of the newsroom.
I was thinking that I would be working more hours than I planned. I was pissed.
"Holy crap" I said when I saw it. Fireman running everywhere. People being pulled out of the bus.
I took a better look.
It's a bus from my daughter's school.
No, she wasn't on it, but does she know the kids that were? Do I know these kids?
Between the photos and the phone calls, the posting and the calls from AP to get them photos and info, it was busy for hours. Crazy busy.
And in the back of my mind I'm shushing the "mom" I am.
Everyone is now safe. Broken bones for some. No death. No coroner call. No Lifeline.
The bus was on its way to church camp. Elementary kids.
God watches us all the time, and this time it went the way we'd hope, not the way we wouldn't understand.
Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment