Sunday, July 31, 2011

Post vacay

We are back from our trek out west. It sounds so cool to say we went on vacation to Colorado.
That is a factual statement.
But not the hoity toity places. Not the mountains. The Plains. Where we used to live.
It was 111 degrees and I am NOT kidding. But we saw family, and it was county fair time which used to be crazy busy fun for us. I didn't even cry during the goat show. (I miss having goats so much it's silly, almost -- but not to me.)
We saw Jay's parents, and his brother, and his nephews, and his nephew's babies for the first time (a 2-year old and an 8-month old). That's when I missed his sister. She should be there - she has a granddaughter born in a family that never has boys. It made me weepy - like it just hit me that she's gone when it's been almost three years.
I saw former coworkers and great friends and the kids had a great time. I knew someone would ask to move back - I was just hoping it wasn't Jay. It wasn't. That area is dry and about to blow away, economically.
My mom said before we left: People won't even recognize you.
Seriously. Several didn't.
Now we're back and the bags are unpacked and I'm down to one kid. One is with her friends in Va. and one is with my mom.

Best country song out there right now? This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzhngp7jh8
Father Carroll said this morning that to be envious of other's gifts is to lack appreciation of your own. I envy all of Carrie Underwood's gifts, from her voice to her body to her husband. It's wrong, I know...

I have no idea why sitting in a car for two whole days makes me tired. But I am. Exhausted. Is what I am. I need a good run - it's the first thing on the agenda tomorrow after Josh goes to the sitter.
Best thing about vacation? The food. OH HOW I MISSED THE FOOD. I heart Rita's tamales. And she fed us well.

2 comments:

  1. Vacay food is the best! And cars make me tired too. If I'm not driving, I'm asleep within 30 minutes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing those WW ideas with me! Love to learn tricks/tips to finding yummy treats.

    We just got back from vacation too..... and I'm flat worn out! SO much to do ~ from the laundry to getting ready for back to school. Guess we've just got to take it one step at a time.

    Great post.... and I'm totally in awe of Carrie Underwood too! :-)

    ReplyDelete