Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Epic fail

I have 10 million posts in my head, and can't you all read them in there?
I have been doing this parenting thing long enough to know that the youngest is most likely to be spoiled and babied and turn out to be a brat.
When Jay and I were first married I quizzed him on this "mother-son" bond that I was seeing as lasting way too long into adulthood. He said I wouldn't get it unless I had a son one day.
Here's where my epic fail in parenting is occurring: I don't think it's because he's the baby so much as I'm old and quite frankly, tired.
It's easier to give in than argue. Easier to just do it than go through the life lesson.
One night I'm saying "We are just done buying Legos."
The next night I'm clicking "buy it now" on ebay.
He didn't ge breakfast before the dentist the other morning because he said it was too early, he was too tired to eat.
After the dentist he was starving.
We stopped at Sheetz. (ugh). Donut? Granola bar?
No, he wanted an ice cream cone.
Yeah, I bought it.
"Mother!" the girls said in unison when I told them later. "He just came from the dentist. The. Dentist."
"But he didn't have any cavities!" I said.
I don't think one ice cream cone is going to turn the corner on that.
I'd write more right now but I have to go remove him from my bed because he's got this thing about not falling asleep in his own bed lately and I while I won that argument last night, I was too involved in the All Star game to go round and round about it tonight.
Epic fail.
He looks well-rounded and polite, still, right? RIGHT???

No comments:

Post a Comment